Front End Engineer - Front End/Full Stack - Any Level
Other: Git, Bitbucket, NuGet/MyGet, Bamboo, Jira, Agile
Bonus: OData, react-grid-layout, Azure Maps
For Reference(Back End Stack): ASP.NET/Core, C#, SQL Server, Azure, MVC, REST, Web API, Entity Framework, Visual studio
Requirements and Specifications (5%)
- Interact with the product team to facilitate and mold new ideas into requirements and specifications.
Discovery and Assessments (5%)
- Perform R&D, technical assessments, and risk assessments on new cutting edge technologies and tools.
- Aid in third party vendor assessments.
Dev Ops (5%)
- Provide assistance with hosting, environment, scaling, and configuration related dev ops.
- Provide assistance with front end software dev ops.
- Provide assistance with build/release dev ops.
Development and Testing (75%)
- Architect and implement rich, engaging, and intuitive interfaces for complex building information models in HTML/JS/CSS
- Front end consumption of data via REST Services and JSON/XML formats.
- Design responsive and cross browser compatible expert data representations and visualization using graphical and visualization UI and UX elements based on best practices and proven research.
- Design, mockup, and prototype features, and guide them through the development process
- Conform to best practices in software development, writing maintainable code, leveraging modem libraries, implementing scalable architectures.
- Ensure the quality of applications through formal testing practices and documentation including unit testing, regression testing, load/stress testing, performance testing, and use cases.
- Maintain the integrity of application source code and underlying data through the use of version control systems.
- Thoroughly document whenever necessary; and it’s always necessary. Including but not limited to setup guides, deployment procedures, visio diagrams, inline code comments, version control comments, and task/bug tracking comments.
- Bug fixing and support.
Process and Teamwork (10%)
- Join in creative freedom during brainstorming sessions.
- Participation in team deployments and releases.
- Evangelize best practices, both across and within the discipline
- Engage peers with code reviews, pull requests, mockups, poc’s, and feature demonstrations
- Participate in product planning and grooming.
- Facilitate exchange of ideas between developers
- Provide technical guidance to contract, and Jr. level developers.
- Help strengthen and mold internal SDLC process
The Ideal Candidate…
Has worked in similar capacity on front end UI and graphical data visualizations for a large scale big data SaaS application. Has excellent communication skills, a keen eye on the trends, use to wearing many hats, and has emerging expert-level knowledge on a wide range of technologies.
Would like to work in a close knit, passionate, environment where communication is key and the learning experience is invaluable.
Previous experience with a building energy efficiency platform or having knowledge in building technology is a plus.
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Experience with current UI libraries and frameworks
- Sound understanding of modern, scalable web architectures
- Experience designing and implementing browser-based user interfaces using AJAX, REST, and/or JSON
- Conceptual understanding of server side architectures.
- Knowledge of version control, build, and issue tracking tools
- Experience with team oriented agile processes and methodologies.
- Experience with data visualization and creating and/or using charting components
- Basic understanding of working within ASP.NET Web Forms and MVC frameworks.
- Quick study, self-motivated, unflappable
- Top-drawer analytical and communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and prioritize deliverables.
- Comfortable working with a lightweight methodology that will morph as the company grows.
- Firm grasp of object oriented design and programming practices and patterns
- Able to produce design documentation and diagrams where necessary.
- Experience with automated unit and functional testing tools.
- Solid optimization and debugging techniques
Expert Level Experience with:
- HTML5, Canvas
- CSS 1/2/3,
- REST integration, JSON, XML, service oriented architectures.
- XML / XSLT, X/HTML. Experience in other markup languages is a plus.
- UI design, UX, responsive design.
Intermediate Level Experience with:
- Grunt/Gulp. Compression/Minification.
- Unit testing
- Cross browser compatibility
- JS debugging
- Browser debugging and dev tools.
- Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code
- Kendo React UI.
- Git or similar version control software.
- JIRA or other issue/bug tracking system
- Bitbucket or similar version control repository service.
- Working with Big Data
- Advanced practices around encryption, serialization, globalization, and localization.
- Single page applications
- Agile Processes
Experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
- Azure Maps**
- Azure App Services*
- Application Insights*
- Usability Testing
- Familiarity with SQL Server/T-SQL