Senior Building Analysts are engineering professionals excited to help Facilities teams all over the world use fault detection and diagnostics to run better, smarter facilities and more efficient operations. You will be empowered to ensure clients' are connected to our industry leading fault detection platform quickly and accurately, and to help our partners scale their connected services.
Senior Building Analysts work closely with our clients and partners to onboard accounts into the Clockworks fault detection and diagnostics platform, provide guidance to our partner onboarding teams become trained and start using the platform, take action on diagnostics information, and support their teams. This role includes working with a Lead Service Engineer to conduct onboarding into the Clockworks platform, provide onboarding quality assurance and provide level 1, 2 and 3 engineering support to users.
- Ensuring clients and partners are delivered and supported with the highest quality fault detection and diagnostics product.
- Managing onboarding projects, milestones, and communicating timelines to ensure KGS fulfills its role in a timely manner at a high level of quality.
- Conducting onboarding activities such as mapping building systems and points into an analytic information model with information from control sequences, mechanical drawings, points lists and Test and Balance Reports.
- Understand, evaluate, and configure Diagnostics to perform automated fault detection on customer’s HVAC equipment.
- Review the findings and validate the results reported by the software.
- Train and engage customer and partner users.
- Walk customers through diagnostic results and root cause analysis of issues.
- Provide ongoing support of connected Clockworks sites.
The Ideal Candidate…
- Has a bachelor’s in mechanical engineering (or a related technical degree) and an interest in building systems or has significant field experience in a controls or services company serving the buildings industry;
- Learns technical and engineering solutions quickly and thoroughly, and strives to improve upon them;
- Can communicate technical information effectively to customers over the phone and through emails;
- Can effectively manage multiple projects, in multiple countries, at the same time;
- Is thorough and analytical with good attention to detail;
- Can creatively help streamline processes and find efficiencies for executing complex technical tasks;
- Can effectively conceive of and communicate product development ideas to company leadership and the product development teams;
- Is comfortable working in an environment where work processes are still being established and constantly being refined;
- Is motivated about changing the built environment with a new generation of tools, technologies, and business models;
- Would like to work in a close knit, passionate environment where communication is key and the learning experience is invaluable.
- Confident, self-motivated, and comfortable mentoring others
- Comfortable communicating with customer and partners
- Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree or 2-4 years related industry experience
- 3-5 years hands on experience in HVAC, controls, or fault detection and diagnostics
- Knowledge of BAS protocols such as BACnet, oBIX and Modbus
- Knowledge of BAS networking principals
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ideally, knowledge of automated ongoing commissioning, fault detection and diagnostics, performance measurement and verification
- Ideally, experience with meta data applications such as use of tags and standards, e.g. Project Haystack